Several months ago, Todd's company was holding a charity auction. Todd bid and won a weekend in Ft. Worth - dinner, a show, and an overnight stay at some hotel. We'll we finally decided to go this past weekend. We wanted to go earlier but I didn't like any of the shows playing at the performance hall. It was so nice to leave the girls in capable hand (a college student home for a little while) and take off for 18 hours.
Now everything we did was set up by the guy who put up the item for bid so we had no say in anything except the show. Dinner was at a restaurant that serves things like rabbit and rattlesnake sausage, kangaroo nachos. It was owned and run by an Iron Chef winner and Todd and I were unsure what we were going to order, it was a place that neither of us probably would have picked on our own. I'm glad we were a little adventurous because it was yummy. The cooks all wore stetsons and it had a very cowboy-ish feel in the restaurant. It was nice to try something a little different - we did try the kangaroo nachos, wild boar ribs and then I did a wagyu skirt steak-very yummy!
Next it was off to the show - The Ten Tenors. Neither of us had heard about them before but it was the only thing interesting showing before April so that's what we picked. Our seats were on the front row. I could see every facial movement, all the spit flying, and they even looked directly at us to sing. It was an enjoyable show but I think we were some of the only people under 35 there. The first song they opened up with is "O Fortuna" -great song but I once saw this on misheard words and I'm smirking as they are singing. Their Bohemian Rhapsody was lots of fun too.
The decor
Our hotel was built in 1907 and very western! It was right off where they do the cattle drives everyday. We stayed in the Outlaw Room, had the pull string toilet that sounded like some monster that was going to suck you in any time you pulled the string. I was thinking it was going to be so nice to sleep in, no kids, and what do you know, 6:45 AM and I'm up and can't get back to sleep so back home we went. It was a nice short weekend getaway.
The Main Lobby

4 comments:
Well, technically, as of next month, you won't be "under 35" anymore either :))) J/K! So nice you were able to get away. bummer that you couldn't sleep in. It's hard to sleep in when you're pregnant because it's so hard to get comfortable. But still nice not to have to take care of anyone else at 6:45!
Fun! It is so nice to get away once in awhile. My kids always seem a lot cuter when I've had a break.
That's so funny about not sleeping in! Jeff and I always have that problem. We'll go away for a night and the next morning we're up bright and early!
Oh man, that wasn't Jeff..it's Kelli!
Post a Comment