

Can You See What I See? by Walter Wick We have had so much fun looking through the series of Can you See What I See books as a family. The detail and photos are fantastic! He even has younger versions that are great for Olivia. Great books for everyone! 5 out of 5!

Bloody Jack, Curse of the Blue Tattoo by L. A. Meyer: This is book two in the Bloody Jack adventures. I did enjoy the first one so I picked up the second and liked it even more. Is it the best juvenile literature out there? No. Is it full of adventure? Yes. Easy reading - yes! We pick up right where book one leaves off. Jacky is getting sent to an all girls school in Boston so she can learn to be a lady. Of course Jacky does not fit in and gets into all sorts of trouble and has many adventures. If you read it, you will probably think like I did, "what's going to happen now? Of course that happened to Jacky. etc" but the book is fun and you are into the characters it doesn't matter that much. It does end on another cliff-hanger and if I pick up the next book, I'm hoping to see some of my favorite characters from books 1 and 2 return. I would recommend for kids 15 and up - there are some situations that are probably not for the younger crowd. Overall 3.5 out of 4.
No comments:
Post a Comment