Thursday, January 24, 2008

Austenland


My friend, Katie, recommended a book called "Austenland" by Shannon Hale (author of the Princess Academy). So I'm here to recommend it to all you Jane Austen lovers out there. It was a fun, cute, quick read that I enjoyed. Definitely a chick book. It's about a young women, Jane, in her early thirties who is having a hard time finding Mr. Right due to the fact she compares everyone to Mr. Darcy. One of my favorite lines: "I don't think I could explain it to a man. If you were a woman, all I'd have to say is 'Colin Firth in a wet shirt' and you'd say, 'Ah.'"

6 comments:

The Farnsworth Family said...

My girlfriend told me about this book too! My "to read" pile is getting huge!!! I'll have to add it on :)

Beckie said...

sounds like my kind of book -

Lisa K said...

I've read all of Shannon Hales books and didn't this one existed. Yeah!! I'm going to have to bring it up with my book club for February. Thanks!

The Moffitt's said...

collin firth...i'm reading a book called "mr darcy" which is P&P from Darcy's perspective...except that i can't find a pic of it on the internet. it's pretty awesome. thanks for this recommendation.

Mindy said...

Oh my gosh, that one line says it all. I'll have to get my hands on a copy.

Laurie said...

can you believe i just read "Princess Academy"? i really liked it, so maybe i'll try this one too, since i'm such a big reader and all