Sunday, September 9, 2012

Yost reunion Day 4

Day 4 had just our little family leaving early to head down to SLC.  Our rental wasn't a van, can't remember what it was but we didn't have car seats for Abby and Kaitlyn thinking they were big enough for this trip.  Well they were sitting in the back and the windows in the back didn't come down far enough to their level so they couldn't see out.  We heard lots of complaining as we drove the 1 hour+ downtown.  They survived.

We wanted to meet up with a couple friends we hadn't seen in years!  It was great to catch up with the Horsley's at Planet Play or Pizza, whatever it was called.  We have meet so many amazing people that have lived here in Texas and have now moved away.  It's nice to catch up with them every now and then.  I think we need a girls reunion next year!

Temple square was the next stop.  Abby was getting baptized in August after we returned and we wanted her to explore temple square a little.  It was a beautiful day until we got there then it started to pour rain.  We decided to run to the visitors center but Kaitlyn refused to get wet so Todd carried Alec, Kaitlyn sat in the stroller while I pushed, and Abby and Olivia ran with me.  It was actually a lot of fun running in the rain.  We toured the southern visitors center- and for some reason I've never been in here.  The girls loved learning how the temple was built and all the time and effort it took.  What dedication from these early saints, I even teared up at some of the descriptions.  





Somebody got a little grumpy later on.  She wanted to stay a little longer but we needed to head out to catch up with the Hardys.  

I love walking the SL temple grounds.  Hopefully next time we're there the weather will cooperate and we can get a nice family photo there.  Olivia did sing "I love to see the temple" a lot while we were walking around.
That evening, back at the cabin the kids were able to play another game where they got MORE candy! The game where candy is wrapped in a ball of packing tape and you unroll it until the person next to you rolls doubles with dice.  There were 2 of these candy balls.

Kaitlyn trying to trade with Olivia


We also played the first ever Yost Minute-to-Win-It games. 
 Hilarity ensued.  There was lots of cheering, screaming and chanting.  
I was very impressed by the cookie face game, there were some games I think I should have tried first to work out the kinks and rules a little bit better but I think fun was had by all.

"Son, you've got a panty on your head."



No comments: