Thursday, September 27, 2012

The In Laws Visit

Early in August Mom and Dad Yost came out to Texas for Abby's baptism.  While they were here I had then help me finish off a couple items on our summer bucket list, basically places I didn't want to take the kids by myself.

Chuck E Cheese was first on the list,  Alec loved being in the cars and had fun just wandering around.  I was worried that the girls were going to want us around but they just wanted tokens.  They were fine on their own, I think if I ever have to go again, I might just be okay on my own.

 Intense game of air hokey
 Abby did this funny aiming thing with her left arm for skeeball.  She'd aim with her left and then swing her right back and forth a few times before letting the ball go.

One day we went to the Ft. Worth children's museum and I definitely need another adult with me here. We spent a long time here and could have stayed a little longer but Alec needed to nap.

Making paper airplanes and shooting them off
 We all got to try a bed of nails
 Dug for dinosaur bones in the ridiculous hot heat - we didn't last long outside
 Built tall structures
There was some swimming going on while the grandparents were here.  We had our neighborhood pool all to ourselves, it was so nice.

Kaitlyn and Grandpa worked on several puzzles.  Both of them could sit at a puzzle until it was completed.  This is just one that they did together - a 500 piece puzzle.  

And while they were here, we had a family birthday party for Kaitlyn and Abby.  Only one cake for me to make!  They both agreed on a chocolate oreo cake, thank you pinterest! 

 It was fun to have Grandma and Grandpa to ourselves for a little while.  Hopefully we'll get to see them again soon!


No comments: