We did stop for some yummy ice-cream and then took the bus back to the home so we could just play for a little while before I took Abby, Kaitlyn and our sitter snorkeling.
Pack 'em in! Full bus ride.
I had booked a different company for snorkeling because the original idea was for everyone to go out on the boat- even Alec - and this was the only company that would allow kids under 4 on the boat. Since the day before was so bad with the waves we decided the older girls should go and Brittany should get a taste too. It was a LONG, long drive to the dive shop then another long drive out on the boat. We snorkeled for an hour and then headed home. The only regret was that I wish I went with the other company because the drive was so much shorter.
Getting ready
Snorkeling was quite the treat for Abby. She got her gear on, jumped in the water, and was gone the whole hour. She's a fish out of water. Kaitlyn needed convincing to get in the water, then the water was too cold, she wouldn't put her face in and begged me to take her back to the boat. That was her experience. She tried but was scared of what was underwater. It didn't help that we threw "fish food " (puppy chow) in just as we went into the water. Later she told me she was sacred of sharks and octopuses, I guess letting her watch our shark dive movie didn't help either. It was still a nice afternoon on the water, it was very calm and Abby and Brittany had a great time.
My favorite fish - an Abby fish
Kaitlyn is NOT going to get back in
The few seconds all four of us were in together
Once we were back home, Todd and I took the family, minus Alec, back to the beach for one last hurrah. Abby snorkeled, Kaitlyn, Todd and Olivia built a great sand castle, and I relaxed. Dinner on the back patio that night to watch the sunset and dolphins out in the horizon. It was a perfect way to end our trip.

Calm water on our last day
Good bye Bahamas!
2 comments:
Looks like a fun family trip. AND now onto your VACATION - hopefully some relaxation :)
Next time I volunteer to go as your sitter!
Post a Comment