Early in September I was able to take one super quick trip to DC to see my sister, Monica, get sealed to her new husband Dan. I was very appreciative to Todd for making it happen. He held down the fort at home with 3 soccer games and one volleyball game all on a Saturday that I was gone.
Because the trip was so quick, I didn't have a lot of time to visit all those who I wanted to. However, I was able to spend some time with my most favorite roommate from BYU, Kerry. She lives about 20 minutes away from my sister so I was able to swing in a visit. It was so fun to spend some time with Kerry and catch up where we left off.
Matt drove down from Ohio to be at the sealing, and Laurie also flew out to be there.
It was so fun to be with my siblings again! Porter unite!
This was the first time that all four of us had been in the temple together. It was such a great experience and I am so glad I was able to spend that special day with Monica. I am so happy for her!
I'm the shortest in the family as is, and when Laurie and Monica were both wearing heels, I had to go on my tip-toes for every picture so I didn't seem even shorter!
After the ceremony and a lunch, we headed out to catch a couple sites downtown. A storm was rolling in and we took cover in the Lincoln Memorial.
It was great to spend some time here because I was currently reading "Killing Lincoln" and having that story fresh on my mind, it made it even better.
As we said our goodbyes that night, we had early flights, we went back to our hotel only to find out the electric door swiper was dead. It wouldn't take any card from us or the management. They had to call some guy from off site to come and fix the door - basically give the machine a new battery. We hung out for another hour or so before we could get back in our room. Laurie and I entertaining ourselves with fun selfies.
Fun, fast weekend and it was once again great to be with my siblings!





1 comment:
It was such a special weekend and to have my brother and sisters there made it even better! It was total greatness spending that Saturday together and walking around DC. I am SO blessed and felt such love have you all there.
I love you all and miss you all!
Post a Comment