Sunday, December 8, 2013

Perot Museum

Several moms got together one Monday morning and we took our younger kids to the Perot Museum.   This time we spent the whole time in the little kid section.  

While Olivia and Alec played in the outdoor sand pit we heard some sirens.  Alec wanted to see fire trucks or police cars, whatever was making the sound, so bad he ran up the stairs that were outside that lead to an emergency exit and hit the door open enough that the alarm went off.  I wasn't quick enough to grab him.  I waited and waited for someone to come out but no one came so we continued playing.  I  mentioned that on our way out I'd say something to a worker.  We played for another 30 or so minutes out there and the buzzing became white noise we just kind of forgot about.  Another family came outside and immediately complained about the noise to the worker and that was the end of that.

There is also a great water table inside that you can wear aprons so you don't get wet.  Alec refused to wear an apron and of course got soaking wet.  They have those cool Dyson hand dryers right there so I took his shirt off and stuck it under the dryer and got most of it dry.

Our group headed outside to eat lunch and Alec had other ideas.  He decided he wanted to run off and have me chase him.  I thought he was going to put me into labor!  He took off so fast and around the corner.  I stuck him in the stroller for some time out but when he came out, he took off again.  This time I was hurting and I just asked a stranger down the hill to grab Alec - he was headed for the road.  The strange man grabbing at Alec sacred him enough, he jumped into some bushes and didn't try running off again.  It was nice then to just sit and recoup from all the running after him.  
Leap Frogs we played on after lunch


 Monkey see, monkey do

Everyone left right after lunch but Olivia wanted to go into the big kid area and so back in we went.  She was determined to do the earthquake simulator and look at the stuffed animals.  We stayed another hour before heading back home.  Now she wants  to go back and see the Animal Inside out exhibit.

1 comment:

Kerry and Dave said...

Yes, little boys are a whole other breed! And soon you will have "double boy" :)