Friday, June 29, 2012

Mother's Day

Poor Todd, he got himself stuck in a conundrum.  He asked me on Saturday if he should get me flowers for Mother's Day.  I told him it would be nice but now that he asked he couldn't buy them, it was a no win situation for him.  He did get me a nice massage certificate but when it comes to flowers, I'd rather have them be spontaneous and not because the stores say you need to buy them for Mother's Day/Valentines/Anniversary/Etc.  So Todd here it is in writing for you, when you buy flowers for me do it because you want to and not because everyone says you have to.  Just be spontaneous just because you are thinking of me, it's just for fun,  or whatever the reason.

Mother's Day was nice with cute homemade cards from the girls, Todd taking care of dinner, and Abby setting up her own massage spot in the home that all the girls took advantage of her kindness.  I am grateful to have 4 beautiful children that call me mom and that I have the opportunity to raise them.  It the hardest and best job I've ever had.

Kaitlyn's had a questionnaire at school and this is what she said about me.  She knows me so well, haha-:
What is your mom's job?  To work on the computer
What is your mom's favorite ice cream?  Vanilla
What is your mom's favorite candy?  Lolly Pop
What is your mom's favorite flower?  Sunflower
What does your mom like to do for fun?  Play Sorry
What does your mom wish you would do more of?  Clean up my bedroom
What is your mom's favorite restaurant?  Rosa's Cafe
What is your mom's favorite sport?  Soccer
What is your mom's favorite TV show?  Backyardagins

2 comments:

Kerry and Dave said...

Backyardagins -- that's my favorite show too! :))

Dara Porter said...

I don't dare post how my mother's day was. I was VERY sick, no one did ANYTHING for me, Matt went to church and left ALL the kids home with me, and I had to get up and cook everyone dinner because no one else was doing anything and all I heard was "I'm hungry". I forced him to make it up to me a couple weeks later. Come to find out a friend at church had a very similar sick day as well. So our husbands had to plan a dinner and make it and they treated us here at our house. Hopefully lesson learned by Matt.