The beginning of a new school year. I was somewhat ready for the girls to go back to school. I wanted another 2 weeks of summer before I think I would have really felt ready. Time just went by way too fast!Kaitlyn was very excited to start Kindergarten this year. I was hoping she'd get Abby's old teacher but as luck would have it, we did not. Todd and I debated back and forth whether or not to have her go to school or do one more year of Pre-K because she barely makes the cut-off. It seems as if most parents here hold their kids back a year to give them an advantage especially in sports. Obviously we went with putting Kaitlyn in Kindergarten and she LOVES it! She loves everything about school. She knew 3 kids in her class going in and they all sat at her table. I walked her in the first day and it was a quick "bye Mom!" and she never looked back.
*Kaitlyn tried buying lunch the second day of school. I wanted her to do it a couple times while everyone was learning too. Got a hamburger instead of what she wanted (fruit and cheddar plate) and said she didn't eat the hamburger because it looked yucky. Day 3 I pack her lunch but when I pick her up from school, nothing was eaten. She said she bought lunch but wouldn't say anymore to me. After a lot of coaxing I found out she didn't put her lunch box in the correct spot when she got to school, so when the class went down to lunch, she didn't have her lunch box so she got in the hot lunch line. I thought it was very smart of her to solve her problem - I don't have my lunch so I'll buy one!
Meeting her teacher, she's a bit nervous at first (hands in her pockets is her giveaway).

And now I have a 2nd grader! When did Abby get so big?! This was my favorite grade that I taught. There is just something great about this age of kids.
Abby's teacher is Mrs. B and she is expecting her first baby in November. I really liked her teacher, and can tell that Abby is going to have a great year. Listening to her teacher talk to us at Orientation made me miss teaching just a little bit - and I mean just a little bit. Abby is liking that she can now show Kaitlyn the ropes. Both girls don't want me walking them into school, we now do the car line drop off in the mornings. Abby wants to be the one in charge of dropping Kaitlyn off to her classroom on the way to her class. It is so cute watching both of them walk together into the school. I had lunch with Abby the other day and she was all excited that she passed Kaitlyn in the hallway and was able to wave to her!
A great year ahead!

Olivia at the Meet Your Teacher - explored all the stuff in the classrooms and every morning wants to walk Abby and Kaitlyn into the school. She's disappointed that we always do the car line. She now has just mom as a playmate during the day and is always excited when Abby and Kaitlyn have come home.

2 comments:
Looks like it will be a good year. We hope you enjoy school, study hard and learn all you can.
such good memories, makes me want to cry. My first child is now a junior in HS! In our first day of school picture Josh is as tall as Megan! and my littlest girl is not little at all.
Post a Comment