Monday, September 8, 2008

Tires

Flat, flat tire

Metal sticking out of tire

It was bound to happen, I haven't had a flat tire in over 10 years. It just had to be on our week old van- darn Murphy's Law. Driving home I ran over some big screw/bolt that within two seconds our tire was flat. Luckily, where I pulled over a lady said one of her employees could change the tire for me. (I had parked right behind her store) He had it changed in less than 15 minutes. I was so thankful to him and his service. I've heard other car stories from friends so I'm counting my blessings, it could have been worse.

This is what they pulled out of the tire. The bolt end was inside.

3 comments:

Lisa K said...

Geez, that's huge!

Pike's Place said...

Thanks goodness for Good Samaritans! I love stories that renew faith in mankind.

Katie and Greg said...

That is so sad about your tire! I can't believe it is even possible for a bolt that big to come out of the tire! I am also so excited for your baby girl news. Congrats! And the new van looks awesome. Perfect for you and I'm glad you love it. Although don't you find it hard to turn in the old car - it's like turning in old memories. Alas. But the new is so nice!