Ever have that dream when you were a kid where you show up at school naked or that there's a huge test that you didn't study for? Well, I've been having those kinds of dreams all week - panicked that I was in some way not prepared.
I was asked two weeks ago to give a talk on "Come unto me" and to use Elder Holland's talk "Broken Things to Mend". This past week I've just been having nightmares. I'd show up to church in my shorts and t-shirt. Or my parent's were sitting in the crowd and my dad would stand up and point his finger and laugh at me. I in return would yell, at the podium, for him to sit down and be quiet.
Finally by Saturday I was able to hide away in my room and gather my thoughts together and get something down on paper without disruptions. I felt much better and not so panicked that I'd show up without a talk.
I think that no matter how many times I get up to speak I get nervous- maybe that's a good thing- I rely on the spirit more for help and guidance. I think overall things went well, and it will be another two years or so before I need to speak again.
Sunday, May 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Steph, you gave a great talk today and didn't even seem nervous! Glad you got it over with. :)
Steph you did a wonderful job today. You had poise and didn't seem nervous at all. Thanks for your words. You have a way of keeping your good humor without driving the spirit away. Thanks for your preperation! Glad you got it over with :)
Post a Comment